Gauhati University Phd Admission 2023
In this article we are going to discuss about the recent notification for Phd and M Phill Admission under Gauhati University for GURET- 2023.
Gauhati University Phd Admission 2023 – The Gauhati University has published a notification regarding Phd and M Phill course Admission for the 2023. The Gauhati University will conduct an Entrance Test (GURET) for selection of students for various departments. The Gauhati University Phd/M Phill Admission test popularly known as GURET(Gauhati University Research Eligibility Test). For the Autumn session the GURET-2023 is going to be held on 02/07/2023. Interested candidates have to apply online to participate the Gauhati University will conduct an Entrance Test (GURET). The admission to the PhD Programmes at GU is a highly competitive process and prospective PhD applicants need to go through the Central Application Process (CAP) For more recent Job and educational Notifications Please Visit Assam Job Alert Regularly.
Last Date: 15/06/2023
Details of GU Phd Admission 2023
Name of the Entrance Test: Gauhati University Research Eligibility Test
Name of the University: Gauhati University
Name of the Courses: Doctor of Philosophy(Phd) and Master of Philosophy(M. Phil.)
Date of Entrance Test: 2nd July, 2023
Name of the Session: Autumn Session 2023
Eligibility Criteris for Gauhati University Phd Entrance Test
- Any person having a Postgraduate Degree of GU or from any recognised university or institute in a subject in the Faculties of Arts, Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Technology, Fine Arts, Engineering, and Medicine or other professional subjects of GU with not less than 55 (fifty five) percent of marks or equivalent grade in the concerned subject may apply for admission into the PhD programmes in the concerned subject in which the candidate has the Masters Degree or in an allied subject. The minimum marks for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates or a differently-abled candidate (with equal to or more than 40% disability) is 50% or equivalent grade.
- In case of Medical Sciences, the rules of Medical Council of India/Indian Nursing Council/Rehabilitation Council of India/ recommendation of Faculty of Medicine for Clinical Courses shall be followed (where necessary).
- Students who have appeared or are appearing in their postgraduate final examinations may also apply for admission into the PhD Programmes. However, such candidates will be required to furnish their results before the final selection list of successful applicants is prepared by the concerned department.
- An applicant who is in a service (either permanent or temporary or part-time) should have a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer before admission can be allowed.
Exemption from GURET 2023
- Exemption from appearing in the GURET 2023 does not mean automatic admission into the PhD Programme. It is just a benefit awarded to certain deserving applicants. An exempted applicant will necessarily have to go through the process of Counselling before she/he can be admitted into the PhD Programme. Hence, all deserving candidates should apply through the Central Application Process (CAP). Recipient of CSIR/UGC-JRF, ICMR-JRF, ICAR-JRF, DBT-JRF and any National Level Fellowship / Scholarship (awarded for the PhD prgramme by a National Agency, such as INSPIRE Fellowship, MHRD etc.) are exempted from appearing in the GURET 2023. Eligible International Students are also exempted from appearing in the GURET 2023.
- The final admission of exempted applicants into the PhD programme will be limited to a maximum of 50% (fifty percent) of total admitted applicants in any discipline in any academic year. Therefore, a candidate who is exempted from GURET may appear in GURET for admission through GURET, if the candidate is unable to get a seat out of the 50% seats.
Structure of GURET 2023 Exam
The GURET 2023 will held in offline mode on Sunday, 02 July, 2023.
- The duration of the examination will be 120 minutes (2 hours), in which the applicant has to answer 100 MCQ.
- For every right answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- There will no marking for un-attempted questions.
How to Apply for GURET 2023
The students who are willing to join for Gauhati University Phd Course for Autumn Session need to apply online through the Gauhati University official website https://admissions.gauhati.ac.in/. Please the eligibility criteria and other details before apply online. The online application for GU-RET 2023 will start from 02/06/2023 and the application process will ends on 15/06/2023. Please apply for the GURET 2023 before the last date over. We will update the online apply link here as soon as it updates by the GU authority.
Gauhati University Phd Admission 2023 Application Fee
- Application Fee – Application fee is ₹.1500.00 (one thousand five hundred) per subject (the bank transaction fees, if any are not included).
- Mode of Payment – Online through Debit Cards (Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards/ Internet Banking/RuPay Card
Important Date and Links For Gauhati University Phd Admission 2023
|Short Notification||Check Here|
|For Apply Online||Check Here|