Government YUVA Scheme
To foster this goal, and commemorate India’s 75 years of Independence, a national scheme YUVA: Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors will go a long way in cementing the foundation of these leaders of tomorrow.
This scheme will ensure in creating a pool of authors of below 30 years who are ready to express themselves and project India on any international platform, as well as it will help in projecting Indian culture and literature globally.
The young authors so mentored shall become proficient in writing in various genres like fiction, non-fiction, travelogues, memoirs, drama, poetry and so on.
It will make sure to bring reading and authorship as a preferred profession at par with other job options, making the children of India take reading and knowledge as an integral part of their grooming up years. In addition, it will bring a positive psychological push to the young minds given the impact and effect of the recent pandemic on the mental health of children.
How to Apply for YUVA Scheme
Interested and eligible candidates have to follow the steps as given below for Online Apply
Step1: Visit www.mygov.in
Step2: Find the Mentoring YUVA Scheme and Click on Apply Now
Step3: After opening the link click on “click here to submit“
Step4: It will open the login page but for a New user you have to registered first. Therefore, click on Register Now
Step5: After the successfully completion of your registration you may go for Log In
Step6: After Log In you may submit your manuscript of 5,000 words
Selection Procedure for Government YUVA Scheme
- A total of 75 authors will be selected through an All India Contest at MyGov.
- The selection will be made by a Committee to be constituted by NBT.
- The contest will run from 4th June to 31st July 2021.
- The contestants will be asked to submit a manuscript of 5,000 words to judge its suitability to develop as a proper book under the Mentorship Scheme.
- The names of selected authors will be announced on the occasion of Independence Day on 15th August 2021.
- Based on mentorship, the selected authors will prepare manuscripts for final selection under the guidance of the nominated mentors.
- The entries of the winners will be readied for publication by 15th December 2021.
- The published books may be launched on 12th January 2022 on YUVA DIVAS or the National Youth Day.
PHASE I – TRAINING (3 MONTHS)
- The National Book Trust, India will organise a Two-Week Writers’ Online Programme for the selected candidates.
- During which the young authors will be trained by two eminent authors/mentors from NBT’s panel of accomplished authors and writers.
- After the completion of the two-week writers’ Online Programme, the authors will be trained for 2-Weeks at various On-line/On-site National Camps organised by NBT.
PHASE II – PROMOTION (3 MONTHS)
- The young authors will get to expand their understanding and hone their skills through interaction at various international events such as Literary Festivals, Book Fairs, Virtual Book Fair, Cultural Exchange Programmes, etc.
- At the end of mentorship a consolidated scholarship of ₹50,000 per month for a period of 6 months (50,000 x 6 = ₹3 Lakh) per author will be paid under the Mentorship Scheme.
- A book or a series of books written by the young authors will be published by NBT, India as the outcome of the mentorship programme.
- A royalty of 10% will be payable to the authors on successful publications of their books at the end of the Mentorship Program.
- Their published books will be translated into other Indian languages ensuring the exchange of culture & literature between different states & thereby promoting Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
Important Links for Government YUVA Scheme
|Last Date for Apply Online