Sainik School Entrance Examination 2019-2020 Session – Admission Notice
Sainik School Entrance Examination 2019-2020 Session – The board of Governor Sainik School Society Ministry of Defence New Delhi had sent a official letter to the principals of all Sainik Schools and the First Secretary, embassy of India Thimpu, Bhutan describing the Sainik School Entrance Examination For 2019-2020 Session. According to the date mentioned in that letter the Entrance Exam for Sainik School will be held on 6th January, 2019 (First Sunday of January) and the last date for receiving the application form is 01st December, 2018 (Saturday). The Detail syllabus for Sainik School Entrance Examination 2019-2020 is given below.
Eligibility for Sainik School Entrance Examination 2019-2020
- The Entrance Examination will be held for admission to class VI & IX.
- Boys who are between the age of 10 to 12 years and 13 to 15 years respectively on 31 st March of the year in which admission is sought are eligible to take the Entrance Examination.
- For admission to Class IX, the boys should be studying in Class VIII in a recognized school.
- Admission will be made strictly in order of merit only in classes VI and IX.
Registration Fee For Sainik School Entrance Exam:
The Registration charge will be included in the selling price of the prospectus-cum application forms at the following rates
- General and Defence Category : Rs. 400/-
- SC/ST : Rs. 250/-
Name of the Sainik Schools in India:
The school will make its own arrangements for the conduct of the Entrance Examination. The responsibility for conduct of the examination in respect of the following States and the Union Territories where Sainik Schools are not established will be that of the schools indicated against each:-
- Delhi Sainik School, Kunjpura
- Chandigarh Sainik School, Kapurtha
- Tripura, Sainik School, Imphal
- Lakshadweep & Mahe Sainik School, Kazhakootam
- Puducherry & Karaikal Sainik School, Amaravathinagar
- Goa Sainik School, Satara
- Diu & Daman, Dadra & Nagar Sainik School, Balachadi Haveli
- Meghalaya & Sikkim Sainik School, Goalpara
- Andaman & Nicobar Island Sainik School, Purulia.
- Yanam & Telangana Sainik School, Korukonda
- Uttar Pradesh Sainik School, Ghorakhal, Uttarakhand
Exam Pattern and Syllabus for Sainik School Entrance Examination 2019-2020:
- The written Entrance Examination will be held on 06th January, 2019 from 1000 onwards.
- Detailed programme will be intimated by the conducting Schools.
- Due to change in format total number of questions in class VI as well as IX may change.
- Medium of Examination for Class VI examinations will be English, Hindi.
- The question papers for Class VI will continue to be set in English and all the recognized official languages.
- But question papers for class IX will be set in English only and students are required to answer in English.
- 300 marks prescribed for Written Examination for class VI and 400 marks for class IX.
- The merit list for admission to the Sainik School would be compiled on the basis of marks obtain by the candidate.
- In case there is a tie with regard to overall marks, the marks for mathematics would be considered.
- In case there is a tie here also the marks for English for Class IX and Intelligence Test for class VI will be considered and thereafter the marks for General Science for class IX and Language for class VI.
- In case there is a tie there also the boy younger in age will be selected.
- Marks obtained in the written test will determine his position in the final merit list.
Selection Procedure For Sainik School Admission 2019:
- The minimum qualifying marks for general category candidates as well as children of Defence Services Personnel and ex-servicemen will be 25% in each subject with 40% in aggregate.
- In the case of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates, minimum qualifying standards are not required and they will be admitted on the basis of inter-se merit at the Entrance Examination within these categories.
- In case a SC/ST candidate comes in the general merit on his own, he would be admitted against general seat and will not be adjusted against the reserved share of SC/ST seats.
Important Dates For Sainik School Admission 2019:
- Sale of Prospectus/Admission Form: 08th October, 2018 to 26th November 2018
- Last date for receipt of application: 01st December, 2018 (Saturday)
- Date of Entrance Exam: 6th January, 2019(First Sunday of January)
- Publication of Merit List Roll Number-wise: 4th February, 2019 (Monday)
- Medical Exam (Tentative): 11th February 2019 to 28th February, 2019
- Publication of final Merit List including: 11th March, 2019 (Monday)
Official Notification: Sainik School Entrance Examination 2019-2020 Session