Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 9 April 2018
9 April 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- North East Cancer Hospital and Research Institute (NECHRI), Jorabat, organised a meet where 35 treated cancer patients were given free health consultation and check-up.
- Tripura state govt hosted the first meeting of NITI Forum for North East
- Mizoram state is declared open defecation free state.
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Kerala has become the first Indian state to adopt a Standard Operating Procedure for determining brain death cases.
- Chhattisgarh state wins the ‘State of the Year’ Award under the ‘business leader’ category at the India Business Leader Awards event.
- The joint military exercise “Desert Tiger 5” was held between UAE & Malaysia
- Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma to be honoured with the 2018 Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award
- Tamil Nadu state government has launched mobile app Bi-lingual ‘Uzhavan’ for farmers
- India has clinched its first-ever gold in badminton mixed-team event at the 21st Commonwealth Games by defeating Malaysia