Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 14 April 2018
14 April 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Assamese Film ‘Village Rockstar’ bagged the best film award at the 65th National Film Awards for 2017
- The people of Assam started celebration of Rongali Bihu festival to mark the beginning of the Assamese New Year on 15th The first day of the 7 day festival is celebrated as Goru Bihu (Cattle Bihu) on 14th April.
- The government of Mizoram and the Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation have signed an agreement for investment and development of tourism in the north-eastern state.
- Tribal leader and renowned social activist Bikram Bahadur Jamatia conferred with the first Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya National Integration Award for Social Service, instituted by the Tripura government
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Indian shooter Anish Bhanwala from Haryana becomes India’s youngest ever gold medal winner in the Commonwealth Games (CWG) at the age of 15
- UAE cabinet has approved a bill guaranteeing equal pay for men and women
- Chandra Shekhar Ghosh has been re-appointed as MD & CEO of Bandhan Bank.
- ‘Newton’ has been selected as the Best Hindi Film at the 65th National Film Awards for 2017
- India ranks 130th in the latest 2018 Index of Economic Freedom.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a penalty of Rs. 3 crore on IDBI Bank
- Mary Kom becomes the first Indian woman boxer to win a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games
- Bhanu Pratap Sharma- has been appointed as the chairman of Bank Board Bureau recently.