APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Notification 2018
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Notification 2018 -The Assam Public Service Commission will hold the Preliminary Examination of the Combined Competitive Examination, 2018 for screening candidates for the Main Examination for recruitment to the services/posts as per the actual number of vacancies as shown below, in accordance with the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 1989.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Notification 2018 Post Details:
Scale of Pay:
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Eligibility:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Age: The candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 38 years of age as on 01.01.2018. Age relaxation as per the govt rule.
- The candidate must hold a Degree from any of the Universities established and incorporated by a Central Act or State Act in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess such qualification as may be declared equivalent by the Government.
- Candidates must possess the prescribed qualification on the date of submission of their applications.
- Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination for eligibility on the closing date of submission of application need not apply.
- Persons with Disabilities should ascertain the post for which a particular category of disability is entitled for reservation as per the advertisement and should apply/opt for the preference accordingly at the time of filling up the forms for Main Examination.
APSC Prelims Exam Previous Year Question Papers:
- APSC Prelims 2015 General Studies Question Paper. (Available for download)
- APSC Prelims 2015 Computer Science Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Chemistry Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Education Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Geography Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Indian History Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Political Science Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Geology Science Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Agriculture Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Anthropology Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Animal Husbandry & Vety Science Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Botany Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Chemical Engineering Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Civil Engineering Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Commerce Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Economics Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Fisheries Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Law Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Mathematics Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Mechanical Engineering Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Medical Science Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Philosophy Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Physics Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Psychology Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Sociology Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Statistics Question Paper.
- APSC Prelims 2015 Zoology Question Paper.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims How To Apply:
Candidates shall be required to download the prescribed application form from the website: www.apsc.nic.in w.e.f. 18/05/2018 and send the duly filled in application with the requisite documents indicated below:
- Original Treasury Receipt for Rs.250.00 (Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty only) for General candidates,
- Rs. 150.00 (Rupees One Hundred and fifty only) for candidates belonging to S.C./S.T./MOBC/OBC community
- As fee for the Combined Competitive (Prelim.) Examination, 2018 under the Head of Account viz., ‘NON TAX REVENUE OTHER NON TAX REVENUE, 0051 PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, 105 STATE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, APPLICATION FEE RECEIPT OF ASSAM PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION’ as per Govt. Notification No.FEG 32/ 2016/8 dated 28th October, 2016.
- The fees are not refundable and no other mode of deposit of fee other than through Treasury Challan shall be accepted.
- Those candidates selected to appear in the Main Examination will have to pay another Application fee which will be fixed in due course, separately, by Treasury Challan under the same head of Account specifying the fee as “C.C. (Main) Examination Fee, 2018.”
- As per Govt. Notification No. FEG.32/2016/8-A dated Dispur the 28th October,2016 the Application Fees for all posts under the State Govt. of Assam for candidates having BPL Certificate is Nil (Candidate having BPL certificate should enclose photocopy of the certificate along with the Application Form).
- As per Govt. Notification No. ABP 144/95/121 dated Dispur the 28th October, 2015 for persons with disabilities (PWD) candidates the Application Fees for all posts under the State Govt. of Assam is Nil. (PWD candidates should enclose with the application form photocopy of necessary certificate from a competent authority).
- One copy of recent passport size photograph (size of 3.5×4.5 cm) to be properly pasted on the space provided in the application form. Do not staple the photograph.
- Age- proof certificate (Admit Card / Certificate of HSLC or equivalent exam).
- Degree Pass Certificate.
- Caste Certificate in respect of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC community issued by competent authority.
- ID Card/Certificate in respect of PWD candidates issued by competent authority.
A candidate should not submit more than one application. The envelope sending the application should be superscripted “Combined Competitive (Prel.) Examination, 2018” on the top of the envelope and it should be addressed to the Deputy Secretary, APSC, Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-22 The size of the prescribed application form is approximately 21cm× 29.7 cm. Only downloaded form will be accepted. No photocopy of form shall be valid.
Stages of Examination:
The Combined Competitive Examination consists of two successive stages:-
- The Preliminary Examination
- The Main Examination (written & interview)
Syllabus For APSC Prelims Exam:
The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of objective type multiple choice questions of two hours duration each.
|Paper-1||General studies||Marks=200||Time=2hrs||Objective type multiple choice question paper|
|Paper-11||One subject to be selected from the list of optional subjects given below:||Marks=200||Do||Do|
|LIST OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR C.C.(PRELIMINARY) EXAM. (TOTAL-28 SUBJECTS)|
|Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Indian History|
|Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
- The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices.
- OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet will be provided for answering questions.
- Candidates will have to use BLACK/BLUE BALL PEN.
- USE OF ERASER, CHEMICAL, CORRECTION FLUID etc. for correcting options once marked in the OMR answer sheet is prohibited and answer sheets bearing traces of such use shall not be evaluated.
- This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining the final order of merit.
Optional Subject Syllabus:
- Degree level courses of the Universities of the State of Assam
- The syllabi of the subjects for the Preliminary Examination may be downloaded from the APSC’s website www.apsc.nic.in
APSC Main Exam Syllabus:
The Main Examination consists of
- Written Examination and
- Interview Test
- Written Examination:
- Based on the results of the Preliminary Examination, the number of candidates to be admitted to the written part of the Main Examination will be 11 to 12 times the number of vacancies notified. The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
- The written examination will consist of the following papers of 3 hours’ duration each. The questions of the examination will be of conventional type:
|General English||Marks=300||Duration-3 hours|
|General Studies||Marks=300||Duration-3 hours|
|Optional Subject 1||Paper-1 Paper-11||Any two optional subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects (two papers each)||Marks=200
|Duration-3 hours Duration-3 hours|
|Optional Subject 2||Paper-1 Paper-11||Marks=200
|Duration-3 hours Duration-3 hours|
|Total( Written)||1400m arks|
|Grand Total||1600 marks|
- The syllabi of the subjects for the Main Examination may be downloaded from the APSC website www.apsc.nic.in
Any two subjects are to be selected from the list of optional subjects given below:
LIST OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS FOR C.C. (MAIN)-(TOTAL-29)
|Animal Husbandly- & Veterinary Science||Law|
|Botany||Modern languages and literature (any one only):
(i) Assamese, (ii) Bengali, (iii) English Literature , (iv) Hindi, (v) Bodo & Classical Languages ,(vi)Arabic ,(vii) Persian, (viii) Sanskrit.
|Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Philosophy|
Candidates WILL NOT be allowed to offer the following combinations of subjects:
- Anthropology and Sociology
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Philosophy and Psychology
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Not more than one of the Engineering subjects
The candidates will be interviewed by a board. The interview, however, will not have any qualifying marks. The marks scored in the interview will be added to the marks scored in the written Examination (Main) and the ranking of the candidates will be determined on the basis of the total marks obtained.
- Based on the results of the written part of the Main Examination the number of candidates to be called for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies advertised. The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
- The Commission shall recommend exactly the same number of candidates for different posts as notified.
- The candidates will be allotted cadre strictly on the basis of merit cum preferences opted by candidates in their applications for the Main Examination.
- The Commission shall not recommend a candidate for a post which he/she has not opted for in his/ her preference.
Centres for the APSC Preliminary & Main Examination:
- The centres for the Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Examination are BARPETA, BONGAIGAON, BAKSA, BISWANATH, CHIRANG, CHARAIDEO, DHEMAJI, DHUBRI, DIBRUGARH, DIPHU, GOALPARA, GOLAGHAT, GUWAHATI, HAFLONG, HOJAI, JORHAT, KARIMGANJ, KOKRAJHAR, MAJULI, MANGALDOI, MORIGAON, NAGAON, NALBARI, NORTH LAKHIMPUR, SILCHAR, SIVSAGAR, SOUTH SALMARA, TEZPUR, TINSUKIA, UDALGURI AND WEST KARBI ANGLONG.
- The Combined Competitive (Main) Examination will be held in GUWAHATI only.
- The exact dates for the Preliminary and the Main Examination, respectively will be notified in due course. However, the Preliminary Examination has been tentatively scheduled to be held in the month of July, 2018.
- The centres and the date (even after it is notified) for holding the Preliminary examination may, however, be changed by the Commission at its discretion owing to unforeseen exigencies. Candidates admitted to the Examination will be informed of the time-table and place or places of examination. The candidates should note that no request for change of centre will be granted.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Admit Card
- Admission certificate indicating the eligible candidate’s roll no., venue and programme of the exam will be uploaded in the Commission’s website, for appearing in the Preliminary/Main examination.
- The mere fact that a certificate of admission has been issued will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Candidates may note that the Commission takes up the verification of eligibility conditions only after the candidates have qualified for the Main Examination.
- Candidates must produce a photo identity proof of any of the following in the examination hall:
- Pan Card
- Driving License
- Voters ID card
- Bank Passbook containing photograph
- ID Card issued by the educational Institution where he/she is studying presently
- ID card issued by Government or public sector undertaking.
- Indian passport
- The Commission reserves the right to cancel the candidature of any candidate as and when any ineligibility condition is detected. If any information declared by the candidate is found to be false at any stage, the candidate will be penalized as per prevailing law/rules.
- The decision of the Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the examination shall be final.
APSC Combined Competitive Exam Prelims Notification 2018 Important Date and Links:
- Last Date For Apply: 18/06/2018 Till 5 PM
- Official Notification: apsc.nic.in/2018_CCPreliminary_2018_18May2018_II.pdf
- Application Form: apsc.nic.in/cce_prelims_2018.pdf