Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 24 March 2018
24 March 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The world’s longest sandstone cave named Krem Puri has discovered near Laitsohum village of Mawsynram area of East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya.
- Earth Hour 2018 was observed across Assam on 24 March 2018 from 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm along with the rest of the world.
- The 37th World Tuberculosis Day (TB) was observed on 24 March 2018
- Governor of Nagaland PB Acharya gave his assent to the Nagaland Lokayukta Bill 2017
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The 3 day International Appearance Festival of Gaudiya Math began at Goalparato in commemorate of the 94th appearance of Swami Srila Bhakti Ballabh Tirtha Maharaj, the renowned Guru of Gaudiya Vaishnava theology.
- DRDO has won the ‘Most Informative Pavilion’ award at the 105th Indian Science Congress ISC-2018
- The famous Madhavpur Mela of Gujarat has started in Porbandar
- P V Sindhu has been named the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for the opening ceremony of the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast
- The theme of the 2018 World Tuberculosis Day is Wanted: Leaders for a TB-free world
- Pankaj Advani has won the 2018 Asian Billiards Championships