Merit Scholarship Higher Education under National Scholarship
National Scholarship Scheme- The Higher Education Department, Assam invites online applications for the ‘Means cum Merit Scholarship‘ scheme that aims at providing one-time financial assistance to the poor but meritorious students of the State to pursue their higher studies.
Last Date: 31-05-2017
Amount of Financial Assistance:
Eligible Candidates will be provided Rs. 1000/- Per Month.
The amount will be paid as one-time assistance every year through their Bank account.
Merit Scholarship Higher Education under National Scholarship Who can apply:
Students who fulfill the following criteria are eligible to apply.
- The student must be a domicile of Assam. (Scan copy of PRC/ Voter Id/ Certificate from DC/Circle Officer/ Block Officer must be uploaded)
- Students pursuing full-time general degree course in Arts/Science/Commerce discipline in Govt. / provincialised colleges of Assam admitted for the session 2016-2017 can apply for the scholarship.
- The annual income of the parents/guardian must be within Rs. 2, 50,000/-(Rupees two lakh fifty thousand) only. Relevant Income certificate issued by Circle Officer/ Govt. Authority must be uploaded.
- The student must secure 60% or above marks in the Higher Secondary final For renewal in the 2nd and 3rd year of the course the student must secure atleast 60% in the core / major subject and no back papers should be left.
- Students availing other assistance in the form of scholarship or sponsorship from the Govt. of Assam / India or other organization will not be eligible for this
Note: No student pursuing Higher Secondary (10+2) shall be eligible for the assistance
Merit Scholarship Higher Education under National Scholarship How to apply:
Interested students fulfilling the above mentioned criteria may apply for the ‘Means cum Merit Scholarship’ through an online procedure given below.
- Open the portal dhescholarship.org.in
- Fill up the online form with all the relevant details.
- Scanned copies of the following supporting documents (self-attested) are to be attached with the online form:
- PRC/Voter ID/Certificate from DC / Circle Officer / Block Officer as Proof of Domicile of State of Assam.
- HS (10+2) final mark sheet.
- Self declaration certificate of not availing any other scholarship
- 1st page of Bank passbook displaying Bank Name. IFSC Code, Account Holder Name, Account Name
- Bonafide certificate from the college authority.
The last date of submission of the online forms is 31st May, 2017. The final Selection Committee shall have every right to finalize the number of students as per availability of fund during current financial year.