Engineering and Technology Merit Scholarship 2018 Assam | From Directorate of Technical Education Assam.
- 1 Engineering and Technology Merit Scholarship 2018 Assam | From Directorate of Technical Education Assam.
Engineering and Technology Merit Scholarship 2018 Assam – Online applications at www.dte.assam.gov.in are invited from the students of Assam who fulfill the criteria as mentioned below. The Assam Scholarship Scheme 2018 by Directorate of Technical Education are going to provide the scholarship for those students of Assam who have qualified their academic exams with a good percentage.
The scholarship are available for awarding during the academic session 2018-19 to the meritorious students admitted in the various courses in Engineering & Technology in Govt recognized University/College/ Institution in India during the current academic session i.e. 2018-19. For submission of renewal application form will also be provided in the same time as mentioned below. For More Job Updates Please visit or search for AssamJobAlerts.com
Last Date for Apply: 30th Nov, 2018
How to Apply For Engineering and Technology Merit Scholarship 2018 Assam:
- Intending candidates must apply on-line at www.dte.assam.gov.in in between 16.10.2018 to 15.11.2018 and take print out after on line submission and submit it to the Principal/head of institution along with the necessary copies of certificates/mark-sheet etc.
- The Principal/Head of institution are to send the applications after verifying to the office of the Director of Technical Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati-19 on or before 30.11.2018.
- To submit the application form the candidate must mention the category of scholarship mentioning the subject and value of scholarship for which he/she intends to apply.
- The application form (hard copy) duly filled in together with the duly attested copies of mark-sheet of examination of University/ Board Passed and certificate of qualification, conduct and character, age, Permanent Residential certificate as detailed in the application form must reach the office of the undersigned through the head of institution in which the candidate is admitted within the period.
Selection Process Eligibility and other details of Assam Scholarship:
For award of scholarship for each course of Engineering & Technology, the candidate must be fresh entrants to the course in the current academic session i.e. 2018-19.
- The applicant should submit their Bank Account details i.e., name of the bank, branch, IFS Code and Account no. in the appropriate space of the application form, (also submit the copy of first page of the bank account along with the application).
- The income of the beneficiary’s parents/guardians shall not exceed Rs. 5.00 Lacs per annum. An income certificate in original from competent authority (Circle Officer/ Ward Commissioner/ Employer/ Form 16) must be submitted with hardcopy of application to be submitted through the respective Institutions.
- The minimum qualifying marks for Undergraduate. Post Graduate courses should be 70% in PCM for BE/BTech , 70% in BE/Btech for ME/MTech for General/OBC/MOBC and 60% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying Examination . For Diploma courses, minimum qualifying marks shall be 65% for General/OBC/MOBC and 55% for SC/ST candidates in the relevant qualifying Examination .
- The Scholarship and Book Grant will be renewed every year subject to the condition that the student secures at least 60% marks up to the previous semesters and passed all subjects in one attempt.
- Only a candidate who is a permanent resident of Assam will be eligible for Scholarship and Book Grant. Permanent Resident Certificate to be submitted
- The applicant should be a bonafide student of any of the Govt. Engineering Colleges or Polytechnics of Assam.
- The student must not be in receipt of any other Scholarship or any other financial assistance from any other sources except Special Merit Scholarship for Girl Students. An undertaking is to be made by the candidate in the application form.
- A form of bond (available at web site) must be submitted along with the application form
- The undersigned reserves all rights to accept or reject an application or suspend award of scholarship.
Amount of Scholarship For Engineering and Technology Merit Scholarship 2018 Assam:
- For students in Post-graduate degree in Engineering & Technology (all branches) @ Rs. 1.000/- p.m. (both outside/ inside the state).
- For students in Post-graduate degree/diploma courses in Business Management and Administration @ Rs. 250/- p.m. (both outside/inside the state).
- For students in Degree course in Engineering & Technology (all branches) @ Rs.150/-p.m. for inside the state and @Rs.250/-p.m. outside the state.
- For students in Diploma Courses @ 150/- p.m. (both outside/inside the state).
Official Notification: Engineering-and-Technology-Merit-Scholarship-2018-Assam.jpg