27 October 2018 – Current Affairs For Assam APSC, Railway, Bank and Assam State Govt Exams
27 October 2018
Download Our AssamJobAlerts.com’s Android App
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- 18th International Leo Expo 2018 begins at the Maniram Dewan Trade Centre, Guwahati
- Organised by University of Science & Technology Meghalaya (USTM), Prof Abdul Mannan, Chairman of University Grants Commission, Bangladesh delivered the 3rd Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Memorial Lecture on “Dr Kalam’s contribution in igniting global minds”.
- Chief Minister of Manipur, N Biren Singh attended to about 400 complaints and met around 1,200 people to hear the grievances in the joint ‘Meeyamgi Numit’ (People’s Day) and Hill Leaders’ Day at Durbar Hall of CM’s Secretariat, Imphal on 25th
- Gogha- Dahej Ro-Pax Ferry service will be inaugurated in Gujarat.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Ministry of Human Resource Development launched two schemes, Impactful Policy Research in Social Sciences (IMPRESS) and Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC) .
- India’s first engine-less train “Train 18” is set to hit the tracks for trials on 29th october
- The Supreme Court banned the sale and registration of Bharat Stage (BS)-IV vehicles from 2020.
- The government of India constituted a Group of Ministers headed by Shri Rajnath Singh to strengthen the legal and institutional frameworks to deal with and prevent sexual harassment at the workplace.
- The Punjab government has banned the sale of glyphosate which is consider as a Group 2A cancer-causing material. Glyphosate is a widely used herbicide in the State to control a wide variety of weeds in almost all the crops.
- Malayalam author Benyamin has bagged the inaugural ‘JCB Prize for literature’ for his book ‘Jasmine Days’.
- International Coral Reef Initiative has declared 2018 as International Year of the Reef.