04 October 2018 – Current Affairs For Assam APSC, Railway, Bank and Assam State Govt Exams
04 October 2018
Download Our AssamJobAlerts.com’s Android App
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The BSNL to introduce 4G mobile service in three north-eastern states, (Tripura, Meghalaya and Mizoram) by next three months.
- During the three-day North East Butterfly Meet in Seijosa area of Arunachal Pradesh’s East Kameng district, around 180 species of butterflies were recorded.
- Manipur becomes the 23rd Open Defecation Free (ODF) State of India and the 5th ODF State in North East India
- Over an “ownership dispute”, the registration of the Daily newspaper Desher Katha, a mouthpiece of the Tripura CPI(M) unit has been suspended.
- Justice Ranjan Gogoi from Assam sworn in as 46th new Chief Justice of India.
- India’s first methanol-based alternative cooking fuel is to be established in Assam by Public sector Assam Petrochemicals Limited
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Odisha launched the State’s own food security scheme recently
- Barham Salih has been elected as the President of Iraq
- Udyam Abhilasha, a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign is launched by SIDBI
- Nobel Prize in Physics for the year 2018 awarded to Arthur Ashkin, Gerard Mourou and Donna Strickland “for groundbreaking inventions in the field of laser physics”.
- Maharashi Dayanand University from Haryana declared as the Cleanest Government University by HRD Ministry.