28 September 2018 – Current Affairs For Assam APSC, Railway, Bank and Assam State Govt Exams
28 September 2018
Download Our AssamJobAlerts.com’s Android App
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister Chandra Mohan Patowary informed in the ongoing Assam Assembly Session that the total number of unemployed people registered at the 52 employment exchanges of the Assam up to December, 2017, was 19,63,376, and out of the total unemployed people 13,56,612 are male and 6,06,764 are female.
- Guwahati’s Vinita Jain has reportedly to have won Rs 1 crore and becomes the first crorepati of the season in Popular television quiz show – Kaun Banega Crorepati 10.
- The 25th anniversary of Khongjom Tarpan was observed by the citizen at the historic Khongjom War Memorial Complex along the Khongjom river in Thoubal district, Imphal
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Hyderabad Metro become the 2nd largest Metro Rail (MR) network in India
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) successfully test fired the indigenously developed Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile (BVRAAM) Astra from a Su-30 aircraft at the Kalaikunda Air Force Station.
- India to organise ‘Gandhi March’ from the iconic Peace Palace at the Hague to Grote Kerk in The Netherlands on September 30, to launch the two-year long celebrations of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The Honourable Supreme Court on 27 th September unanimously struck down Section 497 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) that makes adultery a punishable offence for men. A five-judge bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra said the 158-year-old law was unconstitutional and fell foul of Article 21 (Right to life and personal liberty) and Article 14 (Right to equality).
- A citizen-centric financial services locator mobile app ‘Jan Dhan Darshak’ launched by Finance Ministry. The app is developed by Department of Financial Services(DFS), Ministry of Finance and National Informatics Centre (NIC)
- The Central Government hast approved the new telecom policy of providing broadband access to every citizen for providing a speed at 50 Mbps speed by the year 2022.
- Canada hosted the first-ever women-only foreign minister conference