Current Affairs For Assam APSC, Railway, Bank and Assam State Govt Exams – 15 July 2018
15 July 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Chief Minister of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal laid the foundation stone of the Assam’s first cultural university at Majuli island with estimated cost of Rs 300 crore.
- Assam Electronics Development Corporation Ltd (AMTRON) is developing 120,000 sq ft Tech City for startups at Borzhar area near the Guwahati airport.
- Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Pijush Hazarika said that nearly 1.06 crore people of Assam have received health cards under Atal Amrit Abhiyan’
- Kang (Rath Jatra) festival began in Manipur on 14th
- Organised jointly by The Mega Mission Society of the Chief Minister’s Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana and the Assam State Department of Agriculture jointly organised the Krishak Samaroh.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Indian Railway’s first consolidated Bridge Management System (IR-BMS), a web-enabled IT application to store data on 5 lakh bridges.
- A new integrated state-of-the-art Integrated Indian Visa Application Centre Inaugurated in Bangladesh
- Telecom Commission of India approved the net neutrality rules implying internet will remain open to everybody in India.
- Scientists have developed a computer named SpiNNaker that mimics human brain’s neural networks, and would overcome the speed and power consumption problems of conventional supercomputers.
- US President Donald Trump became the most followed world leader on Twitter, with 52 million followers on his @realDonaldTrump account.
- Portugal approved a law that will allow citizens to change their gender and name from the age of 16 without a medical report showing identity disruption.
CLICK ON THE BELOW PDF IMAGE TO DOWNLOAD THIS PAGE AS PDF –>