Current Affairs For APSC, Railway, Bank and Assam State Govt Exams – 29 June 2018
29 June 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- As per 2011 census report, Assamese language is ranked 12 among the 22 scheduled languages spoken in India. A total of 1,53,11,351 people returned Assamese language as their mother tongue.
- According to 1971 census, Assamese was spoken by 1.63 per cent of the total population of India;whereas there was no census in 1981f or Assam, no such data for 1981. Again as per 1991 census, Assamese was spoken by 1.56 per cent, in 2001 the figure was 1.28 per cent and in the 2011 census report it is reported that it is spoken by only 1.26 per cent.
- Mr Nurul Islam, Assistant professor of philosophy of Karmashree Hiteswar Saikia College, Guwahati and Programme Officer of the college’s NSS unit conferred with Assam State NSS Award for the year 2017-18 among the colleges under Gauhati University.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The 2018 Kabir Mahotsav started in Uttar Pradesh to mark the 500th death anniversary of mystic poet and saint Kabir Das
- According to TRAI, which Telecom operator Reliance Jio becomes the second largest operator with INR 62.2 billion after Bharti Airtel with $903 million
- Ministry of Women and Child Development to organise POSHAN Abhiyaan called ‘TECH-THON’ in Delhi.
- NASA to Launch World’s Lightest Satellite recently.
- Japan unveiled ‘Hello Kitty’ themed bullet train, to boost local economy and tourism.