Current Affairs For APSC, Railway, Bank and Assam State Govt Exams – 1 July 2018
1 July 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Monti Rajkhowa, an executive engineer of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) becomes first Assamese to scale the third highest mountain in the world Mount Kanchenjunga.
- A novel titled Mahanayak Lachit Borphukan based on the life of Lachit Borphukan, written by Dr Jagadish Rai Choudhury released at Guwahati Press Club .
- Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, Barpeta has to organise Children Festival, 2018, titled ‘Sishu Utsav’ in all the primary and upper primary schools of the Barpeta district.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Maharashtra state government have launched Kanya Van Samruddhi Yojana.
- Madhya Pradesh Government has conferred prestigious National Kalidas Samman to Anjolie Ela Menon
- Maharashtra has maximum number of Unesco World Heritage Sites with Elephanta Caves, Ajanta Caves, Ellora Caves, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus and the Victorian Gothic and Art Deco buildings of South Mumbai.
- Ayushman Bharat programme is the World’s largest government funded health care programme.
- Asia’s first arbitration centre will be come up in Tokyo
- The Cassini spacecraft discovered the moon of Saturn named as ‘Enceladus’ where complex organic molecules, that adds its potential to life.
- Abu Dhabi has topped the list of ‘Smartest City’ in Middle East survey by Abu Dhabi’s Department of Culture and Tourism. Covering 50 international cities, a report by McKinsey Global Institute titled “Smart Cities: Digital Solutions for a More Livable Future”