Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 6 June 2018
6 June 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- As per a study by the Assam Journalist and Literary Pensioners’ Association, about 2,350 books in Assamese were being published annually in recent years. According to president of the Assam Journalist and Literary Pensioners’Association DN Chakravartty, in 1947, eight or nine books were published annually and 83 books publshed in 1981. At present, approximately 20 lakh books are published annually across the world which was only 12 lakh in 1981. In India, over a lakh books are published annually which was against about 80,000 in 1981.As per the study the literacy in Assam in 1947 was only 14 per cent, Assam’s literacy rate at present is 65.38 per cent and the country’s 72.99 per cent.
- Shivangi Roy from Guwahati was crowned with the “National Icon Award 2018” in the K-Mystery Miss and Mrs India contest, held in Delhi.
- Minister of State of Railways, Shri Rajen Gohain flagged off a new Antyodaya train named 22841/22842 Santragachi-Chennai Central Antyodaya Express from Kolkata.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- MK Jain, Managing Director, and CEO of IDBI Bank, as the RBI’s Deputy Governor.
- India become the leading country in coconut production and productivity
- Ministry of Agriculture announced the launch of ‘Krishi Kalyan Abhiyaan’ from June 1 2018 till july 31st 2018 in 25 villages
- Sanjana Ramesh won MVP Award at Basketball Without Borders Asia.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched RuPay card, BHIM and SBI apps at ‘Business, Innovation and Community Event’ with Singapore
- South Africa to host the 2018 BRICS Foreign Ministers’ meeting
- India, China, US, Japan and Germany are the top 5 nations in producing e-waste as per the report of ASSOCHAM and NEC.
- World Environment Day is observed on 5 june. The theme for 2018 World Environment Day is , “Beat Plastic Pollution,” Beat Plastic Pollution