Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 5 June 2018
5 June 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The Prabrajan Virodhi Manch has alleged that the Assam State government for failure to safeguard the interest of the indigenous people of Assam. Manch Convener and senior advocate Upamanyu Hazarika “The Chief Minister, a past master at abdicating responsibility, has yet again lived up to his reputation, which is evident from the discussions with Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on May 30. The sole effort has been to escape and divert the responsibility for actions which are within the domain of the State government and the State Legislature, to the Central government,”
- Ayan Gogoi Gohain a Four year old kid from North Lakhimpur, Assam has earned the rare distinction of ‘Youngest Author of India’ for his book ‘Honeycomb’, published in January this year. India Book of Records awarded Master Gohain with a plaque and a certificate in January for his achievement.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Ministry of Agriculture and farmers welfare has launched ‘Krishi Kalyan Abhiyaan’ to help farmers in raising their income
- Under Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana the ‘Jan Aushadhi Suvidha’- the Oxo-biodegradable Sanitary Napkin has been launched by the Union Government
- India is the global host nation for the 43rd edition of World Environment Day (WED -2018) event
- NTPC Ltd has adopted the iconic Charminar in Hyderabad under the Swachh Iconic Places Projects of India.
- The Chandrabhaga beach on the Konark coast of Odisha has become the Asia’s first beach to get the Blue Flag certification. The Blue Flag certification is given to environment-friendly and clean beaches, equipped with amenities of international standards for tourists.