Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 2 June 2018
2 June 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- ‘Sahitya Surjya’ Lummer Dai Pride a renowned writer of Assamese literature and pride of Arunachal Pradesh remembered on his 78th birth anniversary.
- Nagaland Tribes Council (NTC) opposed the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2016 introduced in Lok Sabha to amend the Citizenship Act, 1955
- Manipur’s New Assembly complex at Chingmeirong, Old Assembly complex near Indira Park and Assembly guest house at Majorkhul have been announced as ‘plastic free zone’.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- India’s First Advanced Forensic Lab has to be opened in Chandigarh
- India ranks 113 in childhood index ranking
- Kailash Satyarthi awarded with ‘Santokbaa Humanitarian Award’ by President Ram Nath Kovind for his contribution to the betterment of society, in Surat.
- Mission Raftar a workshop organized by the Ministry of Railways for raising the average speed of freight trains and coaching trains, in New Delhi
- Indiasuccessfully performed the first test its new surface-to-air missile with nozzle less booster powered by Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) technology
- The Food, civil supplies and Consumer Affairs department of Himachal Pradesh has launched an app for ration card holders named ePDS (electronic public distribution system )
- Odisha state government started Gopabandhu Sambadika Swasthya Bima Yojana for journalist
- Rapper Kendrick Lamar received the Pulitzer Prize in music for his album “Damn”