Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 10 June 2018
10 June 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Eminent theatre personality Sukracharya Rabha, who founded famous annual open air theatre festival ‘Under the Sal Tree’ held under the aegis of the group Badungduppa died at the age of 41
- Assam’s Dhubri district declared open defecation free by Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin), Assam
- India and China today signed the memorandum of understanding (MoU) called as Brahmaputra hydrological data pact which will enable the Chinese side to provide hydrological data of river Brahmaputra during flood season from 15th May to 15th October every year.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- ‘Dhanush’, India’s first indigenous, long-range artillery gun has cleared its final test.
- Himachal Pradesh has decided to do away with semester system in undergraduate courses and revert to annual examination system.
- India will take a joint military exercise called as ‘Peace Mission 2018’ with Pakistan for the first time, during the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Summit
- Varanasi’s Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport will have an automated smart facial recognition system at its entry, security and boarding points
- Madhu Sethi was appointed as the Ambassador of India to Republic of Cuba