Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 28 May 2018
28 May 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Lok Sabha MP from Assam and Congress party spokesman Gaurav Gogoi appointed as general secretary in-charge for West Bengal and Andaman and Nicobar Islands region of INC.
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) adopts new scheme to give monthly stipend upto Rs 6000 /- for surrendered NE militants. An additional incentive will be given if they also deposit arms and ammunition and depending on the weapon that they had deposited.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Himachal Pradesh state government has launched the ‘Prakritik Kheti Khushhaal Kisaan Yojana’ to promote organic farming.
- Tata Trusts has signed MoU with Government of India to provide development support in Naxal-effected districts in Chhattisgarh
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar has launched the twin pit toilet technology ad campaign for the Grameen Swachh Bharat Mission
- The BCCI and UN Environment has signed a MoU at the BCCI headquarters in Mumbai on May 27 to promote ‘green’ Cricket in India.
- Nasir Ul Mulk- the new interim Prime Minister of Pakistan