Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 27 May 2018
27 May 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Cotton University foundation day celebrated on May 27
- Former United Nations diplomat and Congress MP, Dr Shashi Tharoor speaking at an interactive session, in Guwahati on Sunday said “it is absolutely vital for the North-east India to further open up its economic ties with the South East Asian nations, which in turn would automatically strengthen India’s growth”
- Minister of State (Independent) for Revenue and Irrigation Assam has sanctioned Rs 1.25 crore for Srimanta Sankardev Sangha
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Ganeshi Lal- new Governor of Odisha
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurate Bangladesh Bhawan in West Bengal
- The Union Government notifies 8.55% interest on PF for 2017-18
- HDFC Bank has launched its Digital Loans against Mutual Funds in partnership with transfer agent CAM
- Nima Jangmu Sherpa from Nepal made a world record by scaling three highest mountains in a single climbing season.
- Canadais the top targeting country for Phishing and malware-based attacks as per the RSA Quarterly Fraud Report
- The 2018 ASEAN India Film Festival held in New Delhi
- Nidaan, a software launched in Rajasthan for presumptive diagnosis and monitoring of seasonal and non-communicable diseases.
- UNICEF has launched ‘data visualisation app’ to provide a user-friendly visual representation of complex analytics of the education scenario in India
- United States President Donald Trump awarded a Medal of Honor to Britt Kelly Slabinski
- Chennai Super Kings win their 3rd Indian Premier League (IPL) title by defeating Sunrisers Hyderabad by eight wickets in the final of IPL 2018.