Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 7 April 2018
7 April 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The National award winning Assamese film-maker, Munin Barua (72) popularly known as Bhaimon da has passed away on April 7, 2018. He was recipient of National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Assamese in 2005 for his film ‘Dinabandhoo’. His popular films are ‘Pratima’, ‘Pita Putro’, ‘Pahari Kanya’, ‘Prabhati Pokhir Gaan’, ‘Hiya Diya Niya’, ‘Daag’, ‘Nayak’, ‘Kanyadaan’, ‘Bidhata’, ‘Barood’, ‘Rong’, ‘Raamdhenu’ and ‘Priyar Priyo(2018).
- The 2 day Assam Spring Festival began at the Manas National Park from
- The Assam State Assembly announced the the recipients of this year’s best legislator award and the best presentation of Assembly proceedings in the media. Bhubon Pegu Independent MLA from Jonai , has been conferred with best legislator award for this year and Dainik Asom journalist Jitendra Kumar Choudhury and Dainik Agradoot’s Arup Jyoti Mahanta will jointly wins the best reporting award.
- For winning gold medals in the ongoing 21st Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2018 in Gold Coast, Australia, Government of Manipur has announced cash award of Rs 15 lakh each for Saikhom Mirabai and Khumukcham Sanjita Chanu
- Kamrup (Metro) bags top spot in the evaluation of performance in the health sector carried out by the National Health Mission (Assam) for the year 2017-18
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Indian Air Force to carry out combat training exercise “Gaganshakti 2018”
- Uttar Pradesh state government has launched the Ganga Hariteema Yojana ( Ganga Greenery scheme)
- The World Health Day is observed every year on 7 April to mark the anniversary of the founding of World Health Organization (WHO) . Theme of the 2018 World Health Day is Universal health coverage: everyone, everywhere