Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 6 April 2018
6 April 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal declared to set up Medical College in Lakhimpur, a Centre for Indian Council of Agricultural Research at Gogamukh, a Cultural University at Majuli, a Sports University at Chabua, An Engineering College in Dhemaji, Dr Bhupen Hazarika Sammanaya Kshetra at Sadiya and a Cancer Hospital in Lakhimpur.
- Agriculture Minister Atul Bora stated that as per the Census 2011 Assam has a total of 31,38,554 farmers
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The First Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement was released by SBI Bank
- Himachala Pradesh govt launched Mother’s Absolute Affection (MAA) programme with an aim to promote breastfeeding recently
- Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni was honoured with the Padma Bhushan Award by President Ram Nath Kovind
- Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation launched “Satyagraha Se Swachhagraha” campaign in New Delhi.
- With a view to boost domestic manufacturing Indian Government imposed a 10% duty on import of key smartphone components
- Shri Pawan Kumar Chamling announced monthly pension of 1000 rupees for farmers engaged in organic farming in the state
- Jio Payments Bank Limited Commences Operations under Section 22 (1) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 to carry on the business of payments bank in India.
- Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of Indiahas launched “Adopt a Heritage Project” recently.