Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 27 April 2018
27 April 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Dibrugarh MLA Prasanta Phukan, resigns from Chairman of the Governing Body of the Assam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH), Dibrugarh and president of the Panchayat Election Strategic Committee of the BJP party.
- World Malaria Day was observed in ASSAM on 25th April with the theme “Ready to beat Malaria”
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has granted the first license to M/s Gujarat Alkalies and Chemicals Ltd for Liquid Chlorine on All India basis.
- Mumbai to host India’s first-ever nationwide food archaeology conference “ArchaeoBroma”
- India’s ranks 138th in the 2018 World Press Freedom Index
- NITI Aayog has launched the Atal New India Challenge that will provide grants of up to Rs 1 crore amount to innovative products and solutions
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research has been awarded the 2018 National Intellectual Property Award in the category ‘Top R&D Institution/Organisation for Patents and Commercialisation’
- Indu Malhotra becomes the first woman lawyer to be directly promoted as a judge of the Supreme Court
- Vistara has recently become the member of the International Air Transport Association
- Mario Abdo Benítez to become new president of Paraguay