Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 25 April 2018
25 April 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Ujjwala Diwas under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY), observed across Assam on 20th April
- Dr Naren Kalita,a scholar of Sankari literature and culture has been selected for the Shri Shri Damodardev Research Award for the year 2017.
- A mushroom demonstration unit, under the Assam State Rural Livelihood Mission on Mushroom Cultivation, was inaugurated at Morangabari , Dimoria block by MGVK Bhanu Additional Chief Secretary, Govt of Assam.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- President of India and Supreme Commander of the Indian Armed Forces Ram Nath Kovind conferred Gallantry and Distinguished Service Awards at an event at the Rashtrapati Bhawan, in New Delhi. President Ram Nath Kovind conferred 3 Kirti Chakras and 13 Shaurya Chakras to Armed Forces Personnel for displaying courage and devotion to duty. 2 Kirti Chakras and 2 Shaurya Chakras were awarded posthumously.
- English Language Day at the UN is celebrated on 23 April.
- Mukesh Ambani ranks 24th in the World’s Greatest Leaders of 2018 as per the report of Fortune magazine.
- Madras High Court became the first court in south India to introduce e-court fee payment facility
- Shahid Kapoor received the best actor (male) award in the Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Awards 2018 along with Kartik Aaryan, Sanjay Dutt.
- Andra Pradesh state government, Mastercard to host cyber security summit