Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 24 April 2018
24 April 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) added 13 new E-catering service providers at 8 NFR stations. The eight stations are Guwahati, New Bongaigaon, Lumding, New Tinsukia, Dimapur, Katihar, Kishanganj and New Jalpaiguri.
- State Level Coordinator of Oil Industries SS Thangkhiew in Shillong said that Meghalaya has lowest LPG connections in India as LPG connections in Meghalaya cover only 29 per cent of the State’s population.
- Mizoram state has banned the import of pigs and piglets from neighbouring states and Myanmar, following the outbreak of Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS) and Classical Swine Flu (CSF) in Lunglei, Serchhip and other districts.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan at Ram Nagar in Mandla district of Madhya Pradesh on the occasion of 2018 National Panchayati Raj Day.
- The National Panchayati Raj Day (NPRD) is celebrated every year in India on April 24 by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- The Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) has signed Information Utility pact with NeSL(National E-Governance Services Limited).
- Rafael Nadal has won the 2018 Monte Carlo Masters tennis tournament
- Mohamed Salah of Liverpool has become the first Egyptian player to be crowned the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) player of the year