Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 23 April 2018
23 April 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Assam karatekas won three gold on the final day and total 4 medals in of the KAI Sub Junior National Karate Championship held at New Delhi.
- Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act (AFSPA) has been removed by the Union Home Ministry in Meghalaya and reduced it to eight police stations in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Mizoram govt signed investment agreements worth Rs 2,100 crore during a two-day Investors’ Business Summit at AIZAWL
- Bishnupur district of Manipur has been awarded ‘Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Public Administration,’ for excellence in implementing ‘Promoting Digital Payments,’ in the group North East and Hill States, in New Delhi
- World Book and Copyright Day is observed on 23rd of April
- The central government has declared Digambarpur gram panchayat of West Bengal in South 24 Parganas district as the best panchayat in the country.
- Manipur’s Karang Island becomes first cashless island of the country recently.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Taniya Sanyal was the first woman firefighter of Indian Airport
- International Olympic Committee(IOC) president Thomas Bach presented a memento to Indian Olympic medallist shooter Abhinav Bindra and boxer Vijender Singh.
- Ministry of Human Resource Developmentintroduced e-SANAD portal and NAD to make education system in India more transparent.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar released 3 books based on Mahatma Gandhi’s Champaran movement of 1917. Mr Kumar released the books titled- ‘Mister M K Gandhi Ki Champaran Diary’ written by Arvind Mohan, ‘Champaran Andolan 1917’ edited by Ashutosh Partheshwar and ‘Pir Muhammad Munis: Kalam Ka Satyagrahi’ collected and edited by Srikan.
- Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat launched a campaign called “Devbhoomi dialogue”, calling upon youth to look for self-employment opportunities in their chosen fields.
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, received the first copy of the book “Adi Shankaracharya: Hinduism’s Greatest Thinker”, from the author Shri Pavan Varma, at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The theme for World Earth Day 2018 is End Plastic Pollution