Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 20 April 2018
20 April 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The Nagaland Government launched an interactive mobile app ‘NagaFarmDoctor,’ through which farmers can seek solutions to their problems and know about diseases of plants.
- A total of 11 villages of Hailakandi have been identified for the implementation of Gram Swaraj Abhiyan, a Centrally-sponsored village self-governance campaign for the overall development in the Hailakandi district. The names of the selected villages are Bakrihowar Part II, Bakrihowar Part III, Polarpur, Narainpur Part IV, Borbond Part III, Borthol FV, Harishnagar Part I, Dholai-Molai Part VI, Gharmurah FV, Jakabpur FV and Ramnathpur Forest Village.
- Writers and authors took part in the Assam chapter of the Indian Nepali Literature Conference 2018 held at the Tezpur Marwari Dharamshala, Tezpur.
- Ranjit Kumar Dass State unit president of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) laid the foundation stone of Naranarayan-Chilaray Khetra at Chaprakata, Bongaigaon district.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The Facebook (FB) page of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister has been ranked as the top ranked Facebook pages of Government bodies in India
- The first-ever International SME Convention-2018 will be held in New Delhi from 22ndto 24th April.
- India ranks 6th in the world in terms of economy, as per IMF’s World Economic Outlook (WEO) for April 2018
- India ranks 10th in the latest Commonwealth Innovation Index (CII- 2018)
- State Bank of India has rolled out “Cash@POS” facility to allow depositors to withdraw cash from its Point of Sale (PoS) devices
- United Kingdom hosted the 2018 Global Malaria Summit