Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 2 April 2018
2 April 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal launches the Kanaklata Mahila Sabalikaran Achoni to boost women empowerment in a ceremony held at Sarusajai Stadium in Guwahati in presence of women Self Help Groups (SHG)
- India’s 2nd longest bridge (a 6.20 kilometre long bridge over the Dibang river connecting Meka with Bomji in Lower Dibang Valley district of Arunachal Pradesh to be opened soon
- North East ‘s first international half marathon ‘Star Cement Bhaag North East Bhaag’ conducted last Sunday with theme to support ‘Clean India’.
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- As per data shared by Indian Cellular Association (ICA) with Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, India becomes the 2nd largest mobile phone producer in the world after China.
- Allahabad Bank reduced the base rate and benchmark prime lending rate (BPLR) by 45 basis points each
- Odisha celebrates Utkal Dibasa on April 1st to mark the formation of Odisha as a separate province on 1st April 1936.
- India’s first insect museum opens in Tamil Nadu.
- Iin order to curb air pollution, Delhi becomse the first city in India to start supplying of Ultra-clean Euro-VI or Bharat Stage (BS)-VI grade petrol and diesel without any additional cost
- Jammu & Kashmir Cricket Association has appointed Indian all-rounder Irfan Pathan as the coach-cum-mentor of the team
- Shri Ajit Singh has been appointed as the Head of its Anti-Corruption Unit by BCCI