Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 17 April 2018
17 April 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- An Assamese music video titled ‘Goru Bihu Song’, directed by Axl Hazarika, has been selected to be officially screened at the 47th Sehsüchte, (one of the largest international film festivals in Europe) to be held from April 25 to 29 at the Film University Babelsberg, Babelsberg Film Studio
- All Assam Students’ Union , Lakhimpur district unit presented Aai Asomi Award to the noted Assamese sculptor and artist Biren Singha.
- On the occasion of Goru Bihu, ( on the 1st day of Bohag Bihu) a cattle show-cum-competition was organised by Gobindapur Bihu Celebration Committee at Gobindapur Satra
- A Loan Agreement for IBRD loan of USD 48 million for the “Meghalaya Community – Led Landscapes Management Project (MCLLMP)” was signed with the World Bank.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh is set to become the country’s first ‘LED street light district.
- The Ministry of Electronics and IT has tied up with IIT Delhi to work on a switch-based device in cars and buses to aid safety of women.
- PM Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the first health centre under Ayushman Bharat Scheme in Bijapur, recently
- April 17 is recognized as World Haemophilia Day worldwide to increase awareness of hemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders. The theme of WHD 2018 is ‘Sharing Knowledge Makes Us Stronger’.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank with a market capitalization of Rs2,22,560.69 crore beats SBI and become the second most valued bank in the country
- Shuttler Saina Nehwal defeated world number three PV Sindhu by 21-18, 23-21 in the women’s singles final at the Commonwealth Games.