Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 13 April 2018
13 April 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal directed to make farmers interests a priority to boost Assam’s ‘agri-business’ by focusing on farmers income,. Mr Sonowal said to give priority outlining and creation of adequate amenities for the farmers under the Assam Agri-business and Rural Transformation Project (APART).
- The district police authority of Shillong have issued a notification banning repair of vehicles, fitting of accessories on the roads and also directing vehicle owners to remove modified silencers and LED lights.The order issued by East Khasi Hills SP Davis R Marak said “It has been observed that there has been a rampant repair of vehicles, fitting of accessories carried out by different workshops and proprietors on public road, streets and thoroughfares causing annoyance to the public and free flow of traffic.”
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Renu Swaroop- new secretary of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
- Vice President, M Venkaiah Naidu to attend the inaugural function as the chief guest of Assam Agricultural University (AAU) golden jubilee celebration on April 17.
- Gujarat is going to set up India’s largest 5,000MW solar park.
- UAE to host the 2018 Asia Cup (cricket tournament)
- SBI has to set how 60 digital branches “sbiINTOUCH” across the country
- India, Uk, and North Ireland have recently signed a MoU regarding the return of Illegal Migrants.