Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 12 April 2018
12 April 2018
ASSAM, NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Dr B Borooah Cancer Institute (BBCI), Guwahati, and the Mahavir Cancer Sansthan and Research Centre (MCSRC), Patna has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to facilitate research and academic collaboration between the two hospitals
- On Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to double farmers’ income by 2022 in the North East, agricultural expert Prof Ratan Kumar Saha, Director of Extension Education, Central Agricultural University (CAU) said “Integrated farming system (IFS) can be the only option to increase farmers’ income in the region if our farmers have the quality cultivation materials and other scientific methods. It can help a farmer in the North East double his income. We’ve seen it in Tripura where fish production increased 108-686 per cent and rice production to the tune of 27 %.”
- French development agency AFD (Agence Française de Développement) to provide an assistance of Rs 500 crore for development of in Assam’s fishery sector.
INDIA, INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- India has recently signed pact with Morocco to promote mineral exploration
- IIT-Delhi has installed India’s first 5G radio laboratory
- ISRO has successfully launched navigation satellite IRNSS-1I into the orbit from PSLV-C41 launch vehicle
- India’s ranks 130th in the latest 2018 Index of Economic Freedom.
- Tamil Nadu is hosting the 10th edition of a biennial exhibition of weapons and military hardware “DefExpo India- 2018”
- Classical vocalist Meeta Pandit authored the book “India’s Heritage of Gharana Music: Pandits of Gwalior”
- Veena Sahajwalla Indian-origin scientist has launched the world’s first microfactory to help tackle e-waste hazard.