Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 26 March 2018
26 March 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- For new river taxi service on the river Brahmaputra in Guwahati, 3 routes have been identified- One route to connect Lachit Ghat with North Guwahati, the 2nd route will connect Lachit Ghat and Palasbari the 3rd route will connect Uzanbazar with Umananda Island.
- The Arun Sarma Theatre and Remembrance Trust (ASTART) gave tribute to late Arun Sarma, on his death anniversary on March 27, which also happens to be World Theatre Day
- Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) MLA Zhaleo Rio to be the new Deputy Speaker of Nagaland Assembly.
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- HDFC Bank signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Government e-Marketplace to facilitate a host of transaction,banking related services for the Government portal.
- The birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar (14th April) to be celebrated as ‘Social Justice Day’.
- World Tuberculosis Day is observed on March 24th with theme for 2018 “Wanted: Leaders for a TB-Free World”
- Delhi government starts ‘green budget’ for controlling pollution.
- Balesh Sharma was named as the CEO of Vodafone-Idea India merged entity.
- Jio and this online music web Saavn has signed an agreement to create a digital media platform.
- A toral of 90 Indian Railway encompass stations revamping in world class transit hub
- IndusInd Bank has launched a Metro Plus Card for the customers with Delhi Metro.
- As per the data of Institute for Criminal Policy Research India with imprisonment rate of 33 have the least criminal among world’s major economies. United States has the highest imprisonment rate (666) among the countries.
- Martin Vizcarra-new president of Peru