Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 25 March 2018
25 March 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The Rotary Club of Gauhati South has announced ‘Rotary Peace and Conflict Resolution Scholarships’ for the year 2018-19.The scholarships are – 3 month diploma course in Bangkok and the other for a 2 year degree course in one of the five selected universities across the world.
- State of Mizoram observed the Palm Sunday with traditional fervour
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Department of Atomic Energy has developed “Fluorimeter”, an instrument that measures traces of uranium in water.
- ISRO and BHEL has tied up for the production of space-grade lithium-ion cells.
- Changi Airport, Singapore has been rated as the world’s best airport for the sixth consecutive year by UK-based consultancy firm Skytrax
- INS Ganga, an indigenously built frigate of the Indian Navy, was decommissioned on 22 March in Mumbai
- As per Census 2011 data, West Bengal was resides with the highest number of beggars
- Chhattisgarh bags ‘Water Digest Award’ for best water conservation and irrigation facility
- DRDO has won the ‘Most Informative Pavilion’ award at the 105th Indian Science Congress