Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 21 March 2018
21 March 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Assamese film producer Tapabrata Baruah passed away at a age of 75 at a private hospital in New Delhi. Mr Baruah, husband of veteran assamese actress Mridula Baruah, was the producer of famous Assamese movie Bowari featuring Late Biju Phukan and Mridula Baruah.
- Two research scholars of Tezpur received the Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Awards to grassroots innovators, from the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind at the Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.Pallabi Das, and Kasturi Sarmah from Tezpur University (TU) were awarded the prestigious GYTI Award 2018 for their innovative research work in the field of large-scale synthetic routes to manufacture iron (oxalate) capped metal oxide [Fe(ox)-Fe3O4 (OCIO), Fe(ox)Fe-MnOx (OCIMn), and Fe(ox)Fe-CuOx (OCICu)] nanomaterials that are wonderful soil conditioners for increasing micronutrient availability to plants with least toxicity (Patent application no. 201631010727).
- Former Chief Minister and Congress leader , Mukul Sangma has been recognised as the Leader of Opposition, Meghalaya Legislative Assembly.
- In presence of Rajen Gohain, Minister of State for Railways , Indian Railways on Monday handed over 18 AC-DC 1350 HP diesel electric locomotives to Myanma Railways at a ceremony held at Ney Pi Taw in Myanmar
- A national-level seminar entitled ‘Hazrat Amir Khusrow Ki Adapi Kidmaat’ sponsored by the National Commission for Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL) was organized at the Oasis Trust at the Oasis Academy conference hall recently, Goalpara
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The 2018 World Poetry Day (WPD) is celebrated on March 21
- The International Day of Happiness is observed on March 20. Share Happiness is the theme of the 2018 International Day of Happiness
- The Government of India (GoI) has approved to set up a Plastic Park in Deoghar of Jharkhand
- Madhya Pradesh to host the 106th edition of Indian Science Congress 2019