Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 20 March 2018
20 March 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Near about 100 students of Assam Women’s University (AWU) began a 36-hour hunger strike to protest Assam government’s decision to convert the university to a technical institute.
- NSIR-North East Institute of Science And Technology, Jorhat celebrated its 57th foundation day on 18th March with in presence of Secretary of Union DoNER Ministry Naveen Verma as the chief guest.
- The North Cachar Hills Autonomous Council passed its annual budget for the year 2018-19, showing a deficit of Rs 28,83,64,078.
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Sony India appointed Sunil Nayyar as its new Managing Director with effect from April 1, 2018. Mr Nayyar become the first Indian to be appointed as MD for Sony India.
- The Nabakalebara festival, an ancient ritual that is observed in most of the Jaganath temples in Odisha. To commemorate Nabakalebara festival of 2015 , President of India Ram Nath Kovind has recently released coins in denominations of Rs 10 and Rs 1,000
- Ministry of Women and Child Development is organising the first-ever National workshop on Poshan Abhiyaan in New Delhi
- Manipur is hosting the 7th edition of the Women Science Congress (WSC-2018)
- Renowned Hindi poet Kedarnath Singh (84), Jnanpith awardee, Sahitya Akademi Award, has passed away in New Delhi on March 19, 2018.
- The 2018 World Sparrow Day is observed on March 20