Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 08 March 2018
08 March 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The All Assam Students’ Union (AASU) demanded an enquiry into the allegations of AHSEC HS Science question paper leak in Goalpara.
- A farmers’ rally titled ‘Vibrant Assam 2018’ will be held under the Assam Vegetable Growers’ Cooperative Society Limited at the Veterinary College playground on March 10.
- All the 58 newly-elected MLAs of the 10th Meghalaya Assembly took oath before Pro-tem Speaker Timothy Shira at a special session held in Shillong
- Nalbari district secured the second position in 3rd phase of Gunotsav.
- An ‘e-mail drive programme for Degree students: a mission towards digital India’ was organized by Dhakuakhana College where 250 plus email IDs were created by using gmail.
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) launched a Udyam Sakhi portal for women entrepreneurs of India on the occasion of 2018 International Women’s Day. The portal of Udyam Sakhi is udyamsakhi.org
- Time is Now: Rural and urban activists transforming women’s lives is the theme of the 2018 International Women’s Day (8th March)
- 8th March is celebrated as International Women’s Day
- The Union Government on the occasion of 2018 International Women’s Day launched Women Entrepreneurship Platform
- Balkrishna Doshi-first-ever Indian architect to win the Pritzker Architecture Prize
- Gita Mittal become the first Indian woman from the field of law and justice to be conferred the ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar
- Minerva Punjab FC has won the I-League tournament (2017-18) after defeating Churchill Brothers in the final
- Microsoft has inked its first-ever renewable energy deal in India for powering its new facility in Bengaluru