Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 03 March 2018
03 March 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The farmers’ wing of the Bharatiya Janata Party to set up ‘pathar parisalana samitis’ (or field management committees) at the panchayat level all across Assam.
- The third Sajjan Jain Memorial Literary Award was presented to Sanwarmal Sanganeria at a function held at Pragjyoti-ITA Centre, Guwahati
- For construction of 43 roads and 15 bridges in Arunachal Pradesh under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) Union Ministry of Rural Development has sanctioned Rs 706.47 crore.
- Professor John West of Melbourne University delivering talk at the Nowgong College said that a huge number of endangered varieties of red algae is available in Assam in particular and the north-eastern region.
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The world’s first 5G commercial chip is unveiled by Huawei
- Lakshadweep joins Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana UDAY scheme
- India, Bangladesh and Russia sign Pact For Rooppur Atomic Plant recently.
- Virat Kohli was appointed as the brand ambassador of Luminous Power Technologies
- Andhra Pradesh plans to open Academy of Adventure Sports to empower unemployed youth in sports
- Telanganalaunches “T App Folio” app for all government services recently
- Maharashtra government ties up with Wikipedia to promote Marathi
- 27th Sultan Azlan Shah Cup Hockey tournament begins in Malaysia
- Armen Sarkisian- new Armenian President
- Phirangipuram of Andhra Pradesh will become all-women rail station
- Cops Eye: New app to help police is launched Madurai, Tamilnadu.