APSC Recruitment 2018 of Assistant Conservator of Forests (AFS- Class-I) for total 25 Posts
The Assam Public Service Commission invites Application from Indian citizens as defined in Articles 5-8 of the Constitution of India for filling up 25(twenty five) nos. posts of Assistant Conservator of Forests in the Assam Forest Service (Class-I) under Environment & Forests Deptt., Assam in the pay scale of Pay Band 4 (PB-4), Rs 30,000/- to 1,10,000/- and Grade Pay Rs. 12,700/- under the provision of Rule (4)(a) of the Assam Forest Service (Class-I) Rules, 1942 and thereafter for undergoing in-service Diploma Course of Training in Forestry for 2(two) years as per allotment of seat made by the Director of Forest Education, Government of India, Ministry of Environment & Forests, Dehradun under the provision of the Government of India, Ministry of Environment & Forests- Entrance and Training Rules (Revised) ,2004 for State Forest Service Officers vide Government of India, Ministry of Environment & Forests(RT Division) notification No. GSR.465 (E), dtd.21-07-2004, in Central Academy for State Forest Service, Dehradun.
Name of the post: Assistant Conservator of Forests (AFS- Class-I)
Total No of Posts: 25 nos.
Open Category: 17
Reserved for OBC/MOBC: 2
Reserved for STP:3
Reserved for STH: NIL
Post reserved for PWD & type of disability: NIL
APSC Recruitment 2018 of Assistant Conservator of Forests (AFS- Class-I) Educational Qualification:
Applicant must possess Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Science or Engineering of any recognized University with at least one of the following subjects:-
- Computer Applications/ Computer Science
- Engineering (Agriculture/ Chemical/ Civil/ Computer/ Electrical/ Electronics/ Mechanical)
- Environmental Science
- Veterinary Science
Candidate’s age must be in between 21 years and 38 years of age on the 1st January, 2018.The upper age limit is relaxable in the case of Scheduled caste/ Scheduled Tribes candidates upto 5 (five) years.
Pay: Pay scale of Pay Band 4 (PB-4), Rs 30,000/- to 1,10,000/- and Grade Pay Rs. 12,700/-
Original Treasury Receipt for Rs.250/- (Rs 150/- for SC/ ST/OBC/MOBC candidates) as Application fee showing the name of the post and deptt. and also full Head of Account “ Non tax Revenue, OTHER NON TAX REVENUE 0051 PSC, 105 STATE PSC Application fee receipt of Assam Public Service Commission”. The application fees for BPL candidates as per Govt. Notification No. FEG.32/ 2016/8-A dated 28-10-2016 is nil. Those candidates having BPL certificate should produce a self-attested photocopy of their certificate along with the application form.
How to apply for APSC Recruitment 2018 of Assistant Conservator of Forests (AFS- Class-I) :
- The name of the post applied for should be clearly written in “bold letters” in the Envelope containing the application form and it should be addressed to the Deputy Secretary, APSC, Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Guwahati-22.
- Application form may be obtained by downloading the same from the APSC’s website www.apsc.nic.in.(“Application forms for other examination”). No printed Application Form will be issued from the Commission’s office, Jawaharnagar, Khanapara, Ghy-22.
- Application must be accompanied by –
- Original Treasury Receipt for Rs.250/- (Rs 150/- for SC/ ST/OBC/MOBC candidates) as Application fee showing the name of the post and deptt. and also full Head of Account “ Non tax Revenue, OTHER NON TAX REVENUE 0051 PSC, 105 STATE PSC Application fee receipt of Assam Public Service Commission”. The application fees for BPL candidates as per Govt. Notification No. FEG.32/ 2016/8-A dated 28-10-2016 is nil. 3 Those candidates having BPL certificate should produce a self-attested photocopy of their certificate along with the application form.
- 2 (two) copies of recent passport size photograph duly signed by the candidate.
- Certificate of age issued by respective Boards in HSLC or equivalent examination.(self attested copy).
- Certificates and Marksheets of all educational qualification from HSLC onwards (self attested copies
- Caste certificate for candidates belonging to SC/STP/STH/OBC/MOBC from the appropriate authorities (self attested copy). vi. Experience certificate (where necessary) indicating the period of Service/ experience with date.
- All candidates whether in Govt. service or in Govt. owned undertaking or other similar organizations/ Corporations/ Boards/ Bodies or in private employments may intimate their controlling authority instead of routing it through the same. However, the fact of the intimation may be apprised to the Commission by the candidate.
Mode of Selection:
Written test followed by interview, physical fitness test and medical test. Candidates whose applications are accepted will be required to appear in a written examination after which they will be interviewed. Male/ Female Candidates must pass a walking Test covering a distance of 25 km/ 16 km within 4 (four) hours on foot respectively and a medical examination by the Medical Board and those candidates found fit in the above will be required to produce a health certificate signed by the Medical Board in the form prescribed in Article 49 of the Civil Service Regulation of the corresponding Rules in the supplementary rules testifying the candidate’s sound hearing and general physical fitness for rough outdoor work in the Forest Department and to the fact that he bears on his body the marks of successful vaccination.
The last date of submission of duly filled up application Forms accompanied by all particulars to the Commission’s office is : 12-04-2018.
Offcial notice link: http://apsc.nic.in/ADV_ACF_05_2018_12_march_18.pdf
Application form download link- http://www.apsc.nic.in/Exam_Recruitment_Form_2018.pdf
NB: Candidates must to go through official notice and satisfy the required eligibility criteria, dates, treasury challan address before applying via our site. Please verify the address to send application from the official notice as mentioned in the important link section.