Current Affairs Assam, North East, India Today- 18 February 2018
18 February 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- APSC to amend 20 year old syllabus for Assam Civil Services examinations
- As per State of Forest Report 2017 Manipur ranked 1st among all the Northeastern States in protecting its Reserve Forest (RF) areas.
- Gajeeur Rahman (49), a resident of Bongaigaon district to represent Assam in a two-day national conference titled: ‘Agriculture, 2022– New Initiatives’ to be held from February 19 at the National Agriculture Science Complex (NASC) Pusa, New Delhi. Rahman selected as the best farmer in the Assam state in 2017) and in the district in 2013.
- Assam ranks in the last position in terms of maternal mortality rate (MMR). Annual number of female deaths per 100000 live births from any cause related to pregnancy is referred to as Maternal Mortality Rate (MMR). MMR value in Assam is 300 whereas the national average of 167
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Roger Federer became the oldest player in the world to hold number 1st rank in the ATP world rankings.
- Ola launched ‘Auto Unnati’ launched to ensure healthy ecosystem for Auto driver through the company’s ‘Chalo Befikar’ insurance program.
- Bihar hosted the 6th Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) India Regional Conference
- Whatsapp to launch the inter-bank money transfer service in India.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation ‘ONGC’ to introduce Asia’s first large scale CO2 injection technique at Gandhar field