Current Affairs Assam, North East, India Today- 13 February 2018
13 February 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The Assam State government soon to set up a multi-model logistics hub at the site of the Ashok Paper Mill at Jogighopa, Goalpara district
- Jayant Madhab Bora been conferred with the 2017 Sahitya Akademi Award for Assamese literature for his novel “Moriahola” .
- Based on interpretation of satellite data pertaining to October-December 2015, Assam’s forest cover, however, has increased by 567 sq km. As per the reports the present forest cover in Assam is 28,105 sq km, which is almost 35.83 per cent of Assam’s geographical area. Out of total forest coverof Assam, 2,979 sq km is dense forest, 10,192 sq km is moderately dense forest and 15,116 sq km is open forest, the report also states that, the area of water bodies within the forests has also recorded an increase of 87 sq km.
- Based on interpretation of satellite data pertaining to October-December 2015, the 5 northeastern states that have lost forest cover are Mizoram (531 sq km), Nagaland (450 sq km), Arunachal Pradesh (190 sq km), Tripura (164 sq km) and Meghalaya (116 sq km).
- Karuna Kanta Nath (57) from wins the Dinanath Pandey Smart Idea Innovation Award at the award ceremony held at the Regional Science Centre, Khanapara, as part of the ‘Innovation Festival’ organised by the Indian Council for Science Museum in collaboration with the National Innovation Foundation. Mr Nath has innovated a total 28 tools like bamboo slicing machine, a bamboo bit machine, bamboo stick machine, incense stick polishing machine “to help people in their day-to-day activities or other works”.
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Krishna Kumari to be the first female Hindu lawmaker in Pakistan since 1947
- Mumbai has been named in the list of 15 wealthiest cities globally, as per latest report by New World Wealth. Mumbai with a total wealth of $950 billion ranks 12th in the list. T he list was topped by New York with a total wealth of $3 trillion.
- K P Ramanunni from Kerala has been conferred with the 2017 Sahitya Akademi Award for Malayalam literature for his novel “Daivathinte Pusthakam”