Current Affairs Assam, North East, India Today- 10 February 2018
10 February 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The Apatani cultural landscape in Ziro Valley under Lower Subansiri district of the State and Thembang Dzong, a fortified village in West Kameng district, of Arunachal Pradesh have made it to the tentative list of UNESCO’s World Heritage
- Fourteen districts from the North East are included among 106 districts across India identified for ‘Aspirational Development’. These districts are to be taken up in the ‘Transformation of Aspirational Districts’ programme under NITI Aayog.
- The Aadhaar committee Assam constituted for the issue of cards will launch its work in Kamrup (Rural) district from March 15.
- Assam Tourism’s Brand Ambassador and global icon Priyanka Chopra to produce Assamese cinema in collaboration with Jahnu Baruah’s for upcoming movie Bhoga Khirikee under her Purple Pebble Pictures. The film would also be launched in the international market with English title Broken Window.
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been conferred with the ‘Grand Collar of the State of Palestine’ by President Mahmoud Abbas for his key contribution to promote relations between India and Palestine.
- Union minister R. K. Singh has launched ASH TRACK Mobile App to monitor fly ash from thermal plants
- South Central Railway zone has become the first Rail Zone in India with 100% LED Lighting at railway stations
- Biswamohan Mahapatra been appointed as non-executive chairman of the National Payments Corporation of India
- Hardayal Prasad- has been appointed as the new MD & CEO of SBI Card