Current Affairs Assam, North East, India Today- 08 February 2018
08 February 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- A total 9 officers of 2013 APSC batch has been interrogated by the Dibrugarh police regarding the APSC scam
- The Gauhati University (GU) is going to set up a ‘Centre for Brahmaputra Studies’ as part of focused research on various aspects of the river Brahmaputra basin
- Guwahati based NPS International School included in the list of Global Innovative Schools to receive the Global Innovative School Award-GISA 2018 in Dubai.
- Tezpur University (TU) has been ranked 100th in the Times Higher Education (THE) Asia University Rankings 2018. Tezpur University is also ranked 7th in India among all Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs). The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, tops in India by securing the 29th position in the THE rankings.
- SIVASAGAR to host the first edition of the International Shiva Festival on the auspicious occasion of Maha Shivaratri.
- :Advantage Assam Global Investors’ Summit 2018The Assam Government has signed MoU with cab company ‘Ola for a pilot project of river taxi services in Guwahati
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Andhra Pradesh hosted the 1st-ever Pelican Bird Festival-2018
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International airport has become the world’s busiest single-runway airport by creating a new world record for handling 980 arrivals and take-offs in 24 hours
- Ministry of AYUSH has signed MoU with Ministry of Railways to augment AYUSH services in Railway hospitals
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry has launched the Start-up-India ranking framework
- New Delhi to host 5th edition of South Asia Region Public Procurement Conference (SARPPC-2018)
- Bermuda become the world’s first country to legalise and then repeal same-sex marriage
- The Kathakali maestro Madavoor Vasudevan Nair , hailed from Kerala has passed away.
- NCERT has collaborated with Google to integrate a course on ‘Digital Citizenship and Safety’ in information and communication technology curriculum.
- Jhulan Goswami, becomes the world’s first female cricketer to take 200 wickets in One-Day Internationals (ODI)
- Dubai to host the 6th World Government Summit (WGS-2018)