Current Affairs Assam, North East, India Today- 05 February 2018
05 February 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad on 05 February laid the foundation stone for a Tech City (an electronics manufacturing cluster) at Bongara in Palasbari of Kamrup district.
- Ola has signed an MoU with the Assam State’s Inland Water Transport Department at Advantage Assam Global Investors’ Summit 2018 for operating river taxis on the river Brahmaputra
- 87th session of the Srimanta Sankardeva Sangha to be at Pandit Raichahab Gopikaballav Goswami Samannay Khsetra, Dadhara Ahom Pathar, Dergaon from 7-10 February.
- The plant species Nothapodytes nimmoniana, popularly known in Assamese as Gandheli was rediscovered by a local Forest Officer named Jatindra Sarma in the Borjan area in Tinsukia district of Assam. Sarma said “The plant is the richest source of Camptothecin and it is the world’s third-most important plant-based bio-molecule for treating ovarian and colon cancers, besides its use against HIV virus,”
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Delhi is hosting the first-ever International Kala Mela
- Syed Mahmud Hossain- new Chief Justice of Bangladesh
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change launches Green Good Deeds campaign