Current Affairs Assam, North East, India Today- 03 February 2018
03 February 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The Assam Government has signed an memorandum of understandings MoU with National Building Construction Corporation (NBCC- New Delhi) for construction of Twin Tower Trade Centre in Guwahati at a cost of Rs 1950 crore.
- Advantage Assam Global Investors’ Summit begins today at Guwahati. Assam State government claimed that they 176 memorendum of understandings (MoU) are signed with total 160 companies worth Rs 65186 crores.
- Inaugurating the Advantage Assam Global Investors’ Summit, PM Narendra Modi said ‘Advantage Assam, India’s expressway to ASEAN’ is not just a tagline but a comprehensive vision. Northeast is at the heart of Act East Policy’
- Assam Global Investors’ Summit 2018 was attended by Bhutan Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay, businessmen and industrialists, including Mukesh Ambani and Ratan Tata, Aditya Khaitan, Vice-Chairman and MD, McLeod Russel
were also present at the event.
- At Advantage Assam Global Investors’ Summit , Announcing that Reliance Group of Industries will be investing close to Rs 2500 Crore in next three years, Mukesh Ambani of Reliance Group of Industries said “We will increase the number of retail outlets from two to 40 and increase the number of petrol pumps from 27 to 165 in Assam.”
- Subhash Ghai , Renowned filmmaker of bollywood, soon to establish film school cum studio in Guwahati
- Cotton University to introduce Bodo medium soon. After Gauhati, Dibrugarh and Kokrajhar universities, the Cotton University will be the fourth university to introduce courses in Bodo medium
- 44th Karbi Youth Festival starts from 14-19 February 2018 at the Karbi People’s Hall, Taralangso village, near Diphu town
- Manika Sinha from Assam has won the Mrs International Global Energetic title at the Mrs International Global contest held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Mumbai is hosting the 2018 Kala Ghoda Arts festival
- To enhance navigation on National Waterway-1 from Varanasi to Haldia , the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) has signed an agreement with the World Bank for Jal Marg Vikas Project on Ganga river
- India has won the 12th edition of ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2018 by beating Australia in the final. Shubman Gill of India adjusted with Man of the Series of the tournament.
- The Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitely, has inaugurated India’s first sentiment index “CriSidEx” for micro and small enterprises at New Delhi. CriSidEx, is a composite index developed jointly by SIDBI and CRISIL, based on a diffusion index of 8 parameters and measures MSE business sentiment on a negative to positive scale.
- Sudeep Lakhtakia- the new Director General of the National Security Guard
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj releases the book “Exam Warriors” written by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inspire youth to face the difficult moments of examinations and life with fresh and new energy.
- “A Century is not Enough: My Roller-coaster Ride to Success” an autobiography written by Former Indian cricketer and former captain of the Indian team Sourav Ganguly is released.