Current Affairs Assam, North East, India Today- 01 February 2018
01 February 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Asam Sahitya Sabha’s 74th session began today morning at the Badousa Samannay Khetra of Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border areas of Burhidihing and Bordumsa.
- SK Barua –the new Managing Director of Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL)
- The International Guwahati Trade Fair (IGTF) will start from February 2 to 18 (silver jubilee) at the Maniram Dewan Trade Centre
- To deal with drug-related cases in the state, Chief Minister of Manipur N Biren Singh said that a fast- track Court will be set up by March 2018
- The Koch Rajbongshi Sahitya Sabha’s silver jubilee celebration and 4th triennial conference of was held at the Hariya Mandal Samanay Khetra , Golakganj
- The 109th birth anniversary of Kalaguru Bishnu Prasad Rabha was observed on January 31.
- The Tai Ahom community observed Me-Dam-Me-Phi, the annual religious festival on January 31.
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Neelam Kapoor-new director general of the Sports Authority of India (SAI)
- To improve India’s weather forecasting, the Union Minister of Earth Sciences (MoES) Dr Harsh Vardhan, , has launched ‘Mihir’ [a 2.8 Peta Flops capacity High Performance Computer (HPC) system] in Noida
- As per latest report published by World Steel Association (WSA), China becomes the world’s largest steel producer in 2017
- Zero Disabilities in girls and boys is the theme of the 2018 World Leprosy Day (WLD)
- India ranks 42nd in 2017 Global Democracy Index on annual Global Democracy Index (GDI) 2017 released by UK-based company, Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). Norway tops in the list.
- PM Modi launches Khelo India School Games. PM Modi states that based on the performance during the Khelo India School Games 1,000 athletes will be shortlisted each year and will be provided financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh per annum for 8 years.
- Anu Kumar from Uttarakhand has grabbed the first gold medal of the Khelo India School Games in 1500 metres
- Google launched a new app named “Bulletin” that allows anybody to submit stories for and about their communities.
- The world’s oldest man Francisco Nunez Olivera of age 113 passes away.