Current Affairs Assam, North East, India – 25 February 2018
25 February 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Assam observes 22 September as ‘Rhino Day’ to generate public awareness on the protection of the one-horned rhino.
- Bollywood Singer Papon steps down as judge from the singing reality TV show ‘The Voice India Kids’
- The 10th Singhapurush Radha Govinda Baruah Memorial Drama Festival, started at the Guwahati District Library from 24 Feb
- A Floating Research Laboratory (FRL) launched at Sendra , Moirang in Manipur’s Bishnupur district to study the health of Loktak Lake.
- ‘JalTarangini’, an innovative automated river water level monitoring system jointly developed jointly by Monsoor Akhtar Barbhuiya, District Informatics Officer of NIC, Hailakandi District unit and Surajit Phukan , District Informatics Officer of NIC, Chirang district unit jointly wins the gold award in ‘Emerging Technologies’ category at the National Informatics Centre (NIC) Innovation Challenge 2018 organised by NIC in New Delhi.
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- The International Conference on Sustainable Biofuels (ICSB-2018) will be organized in New Delhi
- Manoj Sinha , telecom Minister has launched India’s first locally developed 4G/LTE telecom system The system is developed by VNL Ltd
- Ministry of Commerce & industry has appointed 4 institutes NICMAR, IIFT, ICSI and ICAI to interact with stakeholders and suggest measures to push India’s ranking in ease of doing business index
- Canada Unveils ICC-Approved T20 League “Global T20 Canada’’
- Andhra Pradesh to host Partnership Summit 2018 to attract investments for innovation
- Telecom giant Airtel & Huawei have conducted India’s 1st 5G network trial at Airtel’s Network Experience Centre.