List of Aadhar Card Centre in Assam and How to Apply For Aadhar Card in Assam
List of Aadhar Card Centre in Assam –How and where the people of Assam or other states can enroll their name in Aadhar Card. An official letter form Mr. Manoj Sinha to Member of Parliament Shri Rameswar Teli. The officer wrote the letter for the permission of “Aadhar Enrollment and Updation” in the Post Offices of India. Aadhr Card Centre’s are now available in Assam. Please contact your nearest post office for AADHAR CARD
Dear Shri Rameswar Teli,
I am glad to inform you that the “Aadhar Enrollment and Updation” facilities are being made available through Post Ofliccs in a phased manner. The Postal Department is aiming at providing “Aadhar Enrollment and Updation” facilities to the citizens by leveraging its vast network throughout the country. The facilities are proposed to be made available in approximately 13466 Sub Post Offices and Head Post Offices/General Post Offices across India. State wise locations have been identified. I am sure that this highly citizen centric initiative being started in appreciated by the people in your area. A brochure giving a brief on the project is attached.
I request you to kindly disseminate the information regarding availability of “Aadhar Enrolment and Updation” facility at Post Offices among people of your area. Local officials of Department of Posts will get in touch with you as and when these Enrollment/Updation Centres are rolled out. Your suggestions on any aspect of the above project arc most welcome.
How to Apply for Aadhar Card in ASSAM
How to search your nearest AADHAR centre:
- Click on the link to find nearest AADHAR centre : https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
- Select state, Enter District, Sub-District, VTC(Village Town City), Verification Code and click on search button. List of nearest AADHAR CARD centre will be displayed.
- Go to the AADHAR CARD centre to book appointment. Ask your query regarding the documents needed to apply for aadhar card.
On the day of appointment:
- First fill-up the enrolment form. You can also fill up the form before the day of appointment. The form is available in below link OR CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AADHAR ENROLEMENT FORM.
- After filling the form submit the form with other supporting documents. The other supporting documents are-
(i) a proof of identity (PAN CARD, PASSPORT, DRIVING LICENCE etc)and
(ii) a proof of address (PASSPORT, DRIVING LICENCE etc).
- On successful verification of documents you will have to submit biometric data. This includes an impression of your fingerprints and your iris.
- The authority will also take a photograph of you .
- Once all the details are correctly fill they will ask you to verify the details. Check the entered data before final submission.
- After final submission you will be given the acknowledgement slip of your enrolment. This acknowledgement slip conatins 14 digit enrolment number, time of enrolment (date,hour,minute.second) on it which will help you track or check the status of your application in future.
What is Enrolment ID (EID) in AADHAR
The top of your acknowledgement slip contains 14 digit enrolment number (1234/12345/12345) and the 14 digit date and time (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss) of enrolment. These 28 digits together form your Enrolment ID (EID)
How to Check Aadhaar Enrolment Status
- To check the Aadhaar Enrolment Status visit the link:
- Enter 14 digit enrolment number, Date/time [for example: 07/01/2018 13:10:06 (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss)] format correctly.
Dd mean day
Mm mean month
yyyy mean year
hh mean hour
mm mean minute
ss mean second
- IF you have lost your Enrolment ID, you can Retrieve Lost EID/UID. For this you will require your registered mobile number which you had declared at the time of your Enrolment.
How to download e-Adhaar Letter
After successfully completed the enrolment process ( the documents and biometric data updation) it may take up to 90 days (3 months) for the Aadhar card to be sent to you by post via Indian Post to your address mentioned in the aadhar application. It may take time to receive your card by post. However you can download a copy of the Aadhar card widely famous as e-Adhaar Letter. You have to follow the following steps to download your e-Adhaar Letter :
- Visit the e-Aadhaar section of the UIDAI website.The link is
- Select I have*Enrolment Id
- Enter the 14 digit enrolment number, Date/time [for example: 07/01/2018 13:10:06 (dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss)] as it appears on the acknowledgement slip format correctly
- Enter your Full name.
- Enter the pin code of your address.
- Enter the mobile number registered with Aadhar application.
- If you have already got your Aadhar number then you just need to enter Aadhar card number that along with your name, pin code and mobile number.
- Enter above Image Text
- After the details are correctly filled, you can generate an OTP (One Time Password) that will enable you to you download a e- Aadhar letter.
What is the PASSWORD to open AADHAR CARD ?
- Earlier, for old aadhar card the password was 6 DIGIT PIN NUMBER. Enter your PIN code (like 781001), for example PIN Code of Panbazar Guwahati 781001 to open AADHAR CARD with address of AADHAR CARD . OR
- For newly applied citizen the password is ”8 character password” with a combination of the first four letters of the name written in CAPITAL letters (Name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card Aplication) and your Birth YEAR (in YYYY format).
Name of the person: ASOMI SAIKIA
Year of Birth: 15/08/1947
Password is ASOM1947
Name of the person: RAJ SAIKIA
Year of Birth: 05/08/1990
Password is RAJS1990
Name of the person: A.M. SAIKIA (A ‘dot’ M ‘dot’)
Year of Birth: 05/11/1992
Password is A.M. 1992 (you must put dot)
Name of the person: RAJ
Year of Birth: 01/01/1995
Password is RAJ1995
- The downloaded COLOR e- Aadhar letter is sufficient for you as it contains the QR CODE WHICH CAN BE USED TO VERIFY YOUR AADHAR CARD. No need to worry.
- Finally you are now a AADHAR card holder. Congrats.
List of Aadhar Card Centre in Assam Important Link:
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: https://uidai.gov.in/