Current Affairs Assam, North East, India Today- 31 January 2018
31 January 2018
ASSAM – NORTHEAST CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Assam Governor Prof. Jagdish Mukhi released a postage stamp in memory of eminent football player Dr. Talimeren Ao at Sports Authority of India (SAI) complex playground in Assam. Talimeren Ao headed the Indian Football Team during the 1948 London Olympics.
- The Assam Assembly is to introduce digital budget in its upcoming session. Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on 12th March 2018 will present the Assam budget in a digital form. There will be ‘Members Hour’ on every Tuesday, and during the ‘Member Hour’, the legislators can put forth important problems in their constituencies, and Ministers of respective departments would answer the queries.
- For the Global Investors’ Summit on February 3 and 4, the Assam Government estimates a Rs 32-crore budget to host the event.
- Assam’s Jitu Rai, Gagan Narang Among 27 Shooters Named for the upcoming Commonwealth Games to be held in Gold Coast, Australia
- Govt of India has signed $250 million loan agreement with Asian Development Bank for construction of over 6,200-kilometre rural roads in five states- Assam, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and West Bengal under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)
- Eminent Sanskrit scholar Dr Thaneswar Sarma honoured with the Nalbari Ratna by The Nalbari Zila Sahitya Sabha
INDIA – INTERNATIONAL CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu today launches the Measles-Rubella (MR) vaccination campaign.
- According to the Act notified by the Law Ministry- Supreme Court and high court judges salary increases upto 300 times. The Chief Justice of India will now draw a monthly salary of Rs 2.80 lakh, up from the present Rs 1 lakh. Similarly, judges of the Supreme Court and chief justices of high courts will get a monthly salary of Rs 2.50 lakh, up from the current Rs 90,000. The judges of high courts, will get Rs 2.25 lakh per month up from Rs 80,000 per month.
- The government (Finance Ministry) to abolish posts lying vacant for more than five years
- In a very rare phenomenon‘Super Moon’, ‘Blue Moon’ and ‘Coppery-red Moon’ occurring on the same day on 31 January 2018.
- Sauli Niinisto- new President of Finland
- India’s first newspaper the Hicky’s Bengal Gazette celebrates 238th birthday on January 29.
- Radha Mohan Singh, the Union Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Minister, has launched the Rapid Detection Kits developed by Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT), Kochi for adulterants (ammonia and formaldehyde) in fresh fish in New Delhi
- According to a new report by New World Wealth, India ranks 6th in the list of wealthiest countries
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launches Zero Budget Natural Farming project
- The Parliamentary Group decided to confer Outstanding Parliamentarian Awards to 5 Members of Parliament.
- India ranks 3 as largest producer of crude steel.
- PAYTM and Alibabas AGTech Holdings Launch New Mobile Gaming Platform Gamepad’ recently
- Madhya Pradesh Industrial minister Rajendra Shukla and Union Minister Babul Supriyo inaugurated Asia’s biggest auto testing track in Pithampur, Dhar district, Madhya Pradesh