Current Affairs Assam, North East, India Today- 28 January 2018
28 January 2018
- Noted film maker of Assam Jahnu Barua to collaborat with Hollywood-based Ivanhoe Pictures and Mumbai-based Easterly Entertainment for his maiden international film.
- Assam’s tableau representing ‘Majuli and it’s Mukha Shilpa’ is awarded 2nd best at New Delhi Republic Day Parade.
- Cotton University is going to host Workshop based on climate‘National Information System for Climate and Environment Studies (NICES)’
- Nonghtombam Biren Singh, Chief Minister of Manipur hoisted the ‘tallest’ and the biggest illuminated Indian Tricolour in the Northeast India on 69th Republic Day Arranged by Airport Authority of India (AAI) the tricolour was 20 feet by 30 feet hoisted on a 100 foot tall pole at Imphal International Airport.
- Patharughatar Ran (Battle of Patharughat) ,[in Darrang, Assam] occurred on this day on January 28, 1894 as 140 peoples lost their lives in police firing while protesting against enhanced revenue.
- South Africa won the test series by defeating India 2-1
- 28th January is observed as Data Privacy Day/ Data Protection Day. The Theme for Data Privacy Day 2018 is “Respecting Privacy, Safeguarding Data and Enabling Trust“
- Anti Leprosy Day is observed today ( 28th January)
- National Immunization Day is observed today.
- President Ram Nath Kovind launched the Pulse Polio programme 2018
- At the Jaipur Literature Festival the Oxford Dictionaries officialy announced ‘Aadhaar’ as its ‘Hindi Word of the Year’ 2017.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launches ‘Shakti Button’- a mobile app linked to the police control room to ensure safety of women in the state. Chief Minister also launched 24X7 ‘Gudiya’ helpline
- At the Sundance Film Festival, the documentary ‘Kailash’ based on Nobel Peace Prize winner Kailash Satyarthi won the ‘US Grand Jury Prize: Documentary’
- Priyanka Chopra new Global brand ambassador for JBL and Harman Kardon audio brands
- Roger Federer wins Australian Open 2018 title for joint-record sixth time by defeating Croatia’s Marin Cilic to became the first male tennis player to win 20 Grand Slam titles